Thursday, March 5, 2009

Helvetica (#16)

I just made the switch from Blockbuster to Netflix, mainly because the two Blockbuster stores I can trade movies at closed, making Netflix and its online movies the better option.  In filling my Netflix que I cam across this documentary that sounded interesting, and was exactly what you would think by it’s title. Yes, I watched, and enjoyed, a documentary about a font. Now this movie clearly isn’t for everyone, but I dug it. It’s a really well produced and directed documentary, that traces the history of the font, and its pervasiveness in modern culture.  It brings attention to a little considered , or appreciated, world wide phenomenon. Not surprisingly slow at times, and heavy on the opinions of various rock star graphic designers, I found it mostly compeling and a nice change of pace.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

  ©Popcorn Brothers. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO