Thursday, April 2, 2009

Let the Right One In (#24)

I remembered reading about this one as it appeared on a few best of lists at the end of the year.  One critic I like also threw a tantrum when it didn’t get Sweden’s support as its best picture nominee for the Oscars.  I was eager to see what all the buzz was about. This movie was a little bit of a slow burn, but absolutely worth it. It’s a really beautiful movie about friendship, but wrapped up as a genre movie. The plot follows Oscar, a young Swedish boy, tormented by bullies, a mysterious young girl neighbor, and series of murders across the city.  I won’t ruin the movie by spoiling the connections here, but I will say that I recommend this one highly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

  ©Popcorn Brothers. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO